Enter for a chance to win a copy on Goodreads!
About Fort Freak: In 1946, an alien virus that rewrites human DNA was accidentally unleashed in the skies over New York City. It killed ninety percent of those it infected. Nine percent survived, mutated into tragically deformed creatures. And one percent gained superpowers. The Wild Cards shared-universe series, created and edited byNew York Times #1 bestseller George R. R. Martin (called “the American Tolkien” by Time), is the tale of the history of the world since then—and of the heroes among the one percent.Now, in the latest Wild Cards mosaic novel, we get to know the hardbitten world of Manhattan’s Fifth Precinct—or “Fort Freak,” as cops and malefactors alike call the cop-shop where every other desk sergeant, detective, and patrol officer is more than human.
Featuring original work by writers such as Cherie Priest, author of the bestselling Boneshaker; Paul Cornell, Hugo–nominated comic book and Doctor Who writer; David Anthony Durham, winner of 2009’s John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer; and many others, Fort Freak is one of the strongest offerings yet in the ongoing Wild Cards project.
(Ends August 15)
- Dry Ice by Bill Evans and Marianna Jameson (Ends 7/15)
- Summer Reading Sweepstakes (Ends 7/19)
- Anthology Prize Pack Sweepstakes – includes Wild Cards books, Songs of the Dying Earth, and Warriors (Ends 7/19)
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (Ends 7/30)
- Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers (Ends 7/30)
- A Dog’s Purpose Sweepstakes (Ends 7/31)
- Awakenings by Edward Lazellari (Ends 8/4)
- The Knowledge of Good & Evil by Glenn Kleier (Ends 8/5)
- First Thrills edited by Lee Child (Ends 8/6)
- Emory’s Gift by W. Bruce Cameron (Ends 8/12)
- Cowboys & Aliens by Joan D. Vinge (Ends 8/12)
- The Magic of Recluce by L.E. Modesitt, Jr. (Ends 8/15)
- Lady Lazarus by Michele Lang (Ends 8/15)
- In the Darkest Night by Patti O’Shea (Ends 8/15)
- The Half-Made World by Felix Gilman (Ends 8/15)