Enter for a chance to win a copy on Goodreads!
About Talking to the Dead: Throughout history, people have sought ways to contact the dead and spirits. Such experiences challenge beliefs and often set people on a path of deeper exploration, looking for validation—and ways to have controlled, direct contact. Do spirit communication devices really work? What are the prospects of someday being able to pick up a cell phone or sit in front of a webcam and talk to the Other Side? While proof of contact is still elusive, there is an abundance of tantalizing evidence and experience to inspire people.
For the past century, inventors have been inspired by the spirits themselves to create telephone, video, radio, and computers to attempt real-time, two-way communication with the dead and other entities.
Talking to the Dead explores the colorful history and personalities behind spirit communications, weaving together spirituality, metaphysics, science, and technology. It examines the idea that new technology can connect to the ancient and universal wisdom of the “music of the spheres”; that contact with the spirit realms can be made through the vibrations of sound.
(Ends September 08)
- Terry Goodkind Prize Pack Sweepstakes (Ends 9/6)
- Mistborn Prize Pack Sweepstakes (Ends 9/6)
- Vernor Vinge Prize Pack Sweepstakes (Ends 9/6)
- Awakenings by Edward Lazellari (Ends 8/4)
- The Knowledge of Good & Evil by Glenn Kleier (Ends 8/5)
- First Thrills edited by Lee Child (Ends 8/6)
- Emory’s Gift by W. Bruce Cameron (Ends 8/12)
- Cowboys & Aliens by Joan D. Vinge (Ends 8/12)
- Fort Freak edited by George R.R. Martin (Ends 8/15)
- The Magic of Recluce by L.E. Modesitt, Jr. (Ends 8/15)
- Lady Lazarus by Michele Lang (Ends 8/15)
- In the Darkest Night by Patti O’Shea (Ends 8/15)
- The Half-Made World by Felix Gilman (Ends 8/15)
- The Moon Maze Game by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes (Ends 8/16)
- A Fire Upon the Deep by Vernor Vinge (Ends 8/22)
- Laddertop Volume 1 by Orson Scott Card and Emily Janice Card, art by Honoel A. Ibardolaza (Ends 8/29)
- Talking to the Dead by George Noory and Rosemary Ellen Guiley (Ends 9/08)
- Ganymede by Cherie Priest (Ends 9/9)
- All Men of Genius by Lev AC Rosen (Ends 9/9)