Welcome to the week in review! Every Friday, we comb through the links and images we found and shared this week, and pull the very best for this post. Consider it concentrated genre goodness from all around the web.
- Tor.com has revealed Michael Whelan’s cover of A Memory of Light!
- The dates for John Scalzi’s Redshirts tour have been announced. Scalzi is also doing a fan art contest for the book.
- Over on our Facebook page, we want to know: what sci-fi technology are you most looking forward to? Flying cars? Warp drives? Something else?
- The 2012 Locus Award Finalists have been announced. Did any of your favorites make the list?
- Theoryland spent an hour with Harriet McDougal.
- Terry Goodkind’s Facebook page has released “the first of many clues.” Clues to what? Stick around to find out!
- Don’t forget: tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day! What are you looking forward to picking up?
- And last, but not least, The Avengers premiered last night. Are you planning on seeing it this weekend?
The Tor/Forge newsletter went out this week! Check out these fascinating articles from our authors:
- The Weird: It’s Weird… And You’ll Like It! by Ann and Jeff VanderMeer
- Mysterious Ashes by James Swain
- Bending Genre, Bending Gender by A. M. Dellamonica
- Information Versus Ignorance by Jared Axelrod, with illustrations by Steve Walker
- The Case for Genre by Walter Mosley
- Me First by David Lubar
And, just to make Friday that much sweeter, here’s a list of sweepstakes we have going on!
- A Dog’s Journey by W. Bruce Cameron (Ends 5/18)
- Earthseed by Pamela Sargent (Ends 5/25)
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan (Ends 5/25)
- The Coldest War by Ian Tregillis (Ends 6/8)
- A City of Broken Glass by Rebecca Cantrell (Ends 6/8)
- Dark Companion by Marta Acosta (Ends 6/8)
- Earth Unaware by Orson Scott Card and Aaron Johnston (Ends 6/8)
- The Hollow City by Dan Wells (Ends 6/8)
- Queen’s Hunt by Beth Bernobich (Ends 6/8)
- Thieftaker by D. B. Jackson (Ends 6/8)